By: The Memo Staff
'Tis the season for a list, and we're using the last day of the year to honor those women of color that made us proud in 2018.
We are in awe of all the contributions that women of color made this year and every year. This week, we salute five “sheroes” who inspired us. Their contributions are vast, and we know we could not do all of their accomplishments justice, so we are sharing just a few facts about each!
Thank you, ladies, for continuing to push us forward!
Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year. Here's to crushing 2019!
- Over 100 women were elected to congress this year
- This election season saw record numbers of women of color running and winning, including record numbers for Native American women, Latinx women
- It was a year of firsts, including: the first Muslim women, Native American, and Latinx congress-woman (TX) elected
YOU, Our Community Members, Movers, Shakers, Glass Ceiling Breakers
- Many of you celebrated new jobs, promotions, the launch of new businesses, and cross-country moves
- We got together to mingle and celebrate each other at our annual Women of Resilience Awards in May
- A few of our members shared their expertise on panels and workshops
Who are we missing? Tweet us @myweeklymemo, and tell us who was your shero in 2018!