By: The Memo Staff
Hi friends! Happy Black History Month! This month, we're celebrating the past, present, and future contributions of black women and men who have shaped our history and our culture.
We are magic! #blackgirlmagic
If women of color are doing it, we are here for it! And if one of your goals this year is to read more, this week we’ve included some books written by black women to add to your reading list!
- Audre Lorde, Sister Outsider
- Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye
- Octavia Butler, Kindred
- Maya Angelou, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Veronica Chambers, The Meaning of Michelle
- Angie Thomas, The Hate U Give
- Roxanne Gay, Bad Feminist
- Ijeoma Oluo, So You Want To Talk About Race
Authors We’ve Had At The Memo
- Joi-Marie McKenzie, The Engagement Game
- Natashia Deon, Grace
- Miko Branch with Titi Branch, Miss Jessie's: Creating a Successful Business from Scratch---Naturally
- Ginny Clarke, Career Mapping: Charting Your Course in the New World of Work
This is only a fraction of the black women that have graced the pages with their powerful words and ideas.
Tell us in the comments what black women authors inspire you!