If you missed our 2nd Annual Women of Resilience Awards, you missed a beautiful night of "soul food" - our stomachs, our minds, and our souls were nourished. We were inspired by our honorees and by all of the women who shared their Thursday evening with us at Grand Central Tech in New York City.
We honored women of color who are changing the game in business and in their communities: Keisha Smith-Jeremie, CEO and founder of sanaia applesauce, and serial entrepreneur, Christina Rice, founder of companies like LuxeLifeMedia and OMNoire. These women inspired and encouraged us, telling their own stories of struggle, resilience, and ultimately triumph.
In case you missed the event, we've got you covered!
Words of Wisdom:
From their acceptance speeches to the fireside chats they participated in, Christina Rice and Keisha Smith-Jeremie sprinkled magic in the air.
Christina Rice, Serial Entrepreneur:
- "We live most of our lives in our heads - make sure it's a nice place to be."
- Write down your dreams as if they've already happened.
- Develop a routine that supports your well-being.
Keisha Smith-Jeremie, Founder and CEO of sanaia:
- "In order to find inspiration, you have to first find it within yourself."
- When you hone in on the right idea for you, your growth will be evident!
- If you've been given an opportunity, believe that you're meant to be there.
Thanks to our speakers: Master of Ceremonies, Marsha Guerrier, and our Fireside Chat Speakers, Bie Aweh and Sybil Clark-Amuti.
Thank you to all of our event sponsors and gift bag sponsors: Grand Central Tech, and The Campaign for Black Male Achievement, TeaRado, Miss Jessie's, SoulCycle, and TresseNoire.
Finally, thank you to everyone who attended and made this such a great event to celebrate women of color!
Keep scrolling for a few photos from the event...
Do you know a woman who should be honored at the 2019 Women of Resilience Awards? Let us know!