On Thursday, we hosted our 3rd Annual Women of Resilience Awards event. Every year, we honor women who are doing amazing things in business and in their communities, and we are awed by the amazing stories of the women in the room. This year was no different. In case you weren’t able to make it, we’ve got you covered!
We were inspired by our honorees and by all of the women (and a few men) who shared their Thursday evening with us at SeatGeek in New York City.
This year we honored: Yari Blanco, Founder of The Girl Mob, and Senior Manager of Culture & Diversity at The Wing; Rachana Bhide, Broadcaster, and Founder of The Corner of the Court, a program that highlights the importance of gender partnerships and male allies in women’s careers; and Eboni K. Williams, TV host, attorney, and author of the best selling book, Pretty Powerful.
Yari Blanco -- Founder, The Girl Mob:
- Make sure mentorship is mutually beneficial.
- Show up, be brave, and use your voice.
- “I’m doing this not [only] for myself...I’m doing this for so many other people.”
Rachana Bhide -- Founder, Corner of the Court + Broadcaster:
- Family, community and support systems are crucial -- that includes male allies.
- Being a woman of color is about rewriting the script.
- "My most resilient moment was a physical manifestation of literally being uncomfortable in my own skin, and finding resilience through that.”
Eboni K. Williams -- TV Host, Author, & Attorney
- “I’m still betting on myself.”
- The interview starts before you open your mouth.
- Don’t let the glitz and glamour cause you to forget…“it is the blood of survivors that allows me the resilience to do what I do.”
For a full recap of the night, check out our WOR2019 Instagram story, curated by the amazing @_inspiredbykrys
Thanks to our speakers: Master of Ceremonies, Brittney Oliver, Founder of Lemons 2 Lemonade, and our Fireside Chat Speakers, Krystal Scott, CEO, The Well, and Dorianne St. Fleur, Founder, Your Career Girl
Thank you to all of our event sponsors, gift bag sponsors, and vendors: SeatGeek, Sweetgreen, Grammarly, Broadly.com, Vivid Lash Bar, and Gourmet Garage.
Thanks to our amazing DJ for the night, DjQLynn
Finally, thank you to everyone who attended!
If you know a woman who should be honored in 2020, let us know!