INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with our Site, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”)
Personal Data You Provide Us:
Newsletter Subscription or Product Purchases Some information is required to subscribe to our newsletter or purchase a career Service, such as your name, billing information, and email address. Additionally, we collect information from you for purchased Services, making online purchases, participating in surveys, attending events, and requesting Services or information.
We may receive information about your location. For example, you may choose to publish your location in your subscription. We may also determine location by your IP address or by products you purchase and information you provide during purchase.
Information We Receive From Your Use of Our Services:
When you use the Services, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site automatically sends when you use them. Log data may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Services.
Device information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To authenticate Users and provide the Service. This processing is necessary to perform the contract with you. As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
· To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for products and services;
· To customize our Services for you, including providing recommendations, personalized advertising and content (please read below to learn how we use Personal Data for targeted advertisement). For example, we use information on your use of Services features, including information that we obtain through cookies, to better understand your needs and interests in order to personalize your experience with our Services by presenting products and offers tailored to your interests. We use your public information and your location information (described above) to infer what topics you may be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads, with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow;
· To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
· To conduct research, and provide reporting to third parties;
· If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfill your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
· To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services, and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
For individuals in the EU, please see the “European Union (EU) Users” section below for information on what we mean by legitimate interests and your rights.
Marketing. We may contact you to tell you about services or products we believe will be of interest to you. If we do, where required by law, for example if you are a User in the European Union (“EU”), we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt-out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by updating your user settings. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, please contact us at email@example.com. We will continue to contact you via email regarding the provision of our Services and to respond to your requests.
Targeted Advertisement. The Memo LLC may display targeted advertisements based on Personal Data. Third parties (including ad serving companies) may assume that Users who interact with, view, or click targeted advertisements meet the targeting criteria (e.g., women ages 18–24 from a particular geographic area). The Memo does not provide any Personal Data to the advertiser when a User interacts with or views a targeted advertisement. However, please be aware that by interacting with or viewing an advertisement the third party may make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party service to access your account or when you voluntarily share information or content via the Services. Other Users may share or disclose information about you, such as when they mention you.
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties; such as a sponsor or partnership, supporting The Memo LLC, we or the partner/sponsor will notify you.
· Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions: providers of hosting, email communication and customer support services, analytics, marketing, advertising (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies” section). Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
· Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
· Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Site or the App, or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may contact us. We will address your request as required by applicable law. Members may also update their Personal Data from their user settings.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY DISCLOSURE
EUROPEAN UNION (EU) USERS
Scope. This section applies if you are a User in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
Data Controller. The Memo LLC. is the data controller for processing Personal Data provided to us through the Services. To find out our contact details, please see the “Contact Us” section below, which also provides the contact details of our representative in the EU for purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns. Please see the “Contact Us” section below for information on how to contact us to exercise your rights.
PUBLICLY POSTED INFORMATION
The Memo, LLC does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to The Memo through the Services please Contact Us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Type of Cookies Used. The Site uses the following technologies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Used to provide Users with the Services available through our Site and to use some of their features, such as the ability to log-in and access to secure areas. These cookies are served by The Memo, LLC and are essential for using and navigating the Site. Without these cookies, basic functions of our Site would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and the Services, you cannot refuse them.
- Analytics/Performance: Used to better understand the behavior of the Users on our Site and improve our Site accordingly, for example by making sure Users are finding what they need easily. The Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). The information collected by Google (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States (Google is certified to the Privacy Shield for data transfers). How long a Google Analytics cookie remains on your computer or device depends on what it is and what it is used for. Some Google Analytics cookies expire at the end of your browser session, whilst others can remain for up to two years. You can prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on our Site by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser. For more information on Google Analytics privacy practices, read here.
Your Choices. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
You use Services at your own risk. The Memo, LLC takes steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to The Memo, LLC via the internet. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that information or content posted by a User on or through the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services or Social Media Services.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Memo LLC
800 3rd Ave Suite 2800
New York, NY 10020